Friday, October 25, 2013

Guest Blogger Edith - Best Sushi at Sushi Zanmai

A special appearance from guest blogger Edith from ApplesOnSticks.com! If you are wondering who Edith is, below is a short introduction to get readers excited! Ever wonder how a Hungarian would feel about sampling sushi in Kuala Lumpur? Read on to get to know her!

She always liked to write and has an opinion about almost anything; therefore, it only occurred naturally that she started up her own blog, with the latest being applesonsticks.com. Here Edith posts about random stuff about her broad interests. Right now, she is working in KL, Malaysia, and therefore has a lot of new thoughts to share, especially about food. Read more below to get to know more about a Hungarian's view of food in Malaysia! Stay tuned in the future for more of her appearance, and definitely should visit her blog to get updated feeds!

I was never really fond of sushi, and where I come from, it’s usually just coupled with some kind of meat like seafood or chicken, which limited my choices by 98%. Before tasting sushi in Asia, I literally only had cucumber and avocado sushi as vegetarian ones, and that got pretty boring at one point. With Sushi Zanmai however, this old experience turned into a completely new amazing experience. Now I love sushi, and I definitely love going to this place!

First of all, the wide choices of sushi they serve is pretty impressive. When I ordered my dishes last time I was there, I over-ordered because I couldn't choose. I ordered four, and ended up with eating a little bit of everything, I was full by the end, and still couldn't finish everything. All four were vegetarian, surprisingly enough, and there were much more choices, if only I could've taken them. Here are some of the sushi me and my friends ordered:








The conveyor belt is quite impressive, too. I don’t know who’s idea it was to get a conveyor belt where they serve sushi, but it’s definitely helpful if you don’t know what to order, or if you want to see it before ordering it. It also adds some dynamics to the place, it keeps things going. Sharing is caring, and the conveyor belt is definitely put there to share sushi!

If after all you've read you’re thinking this place must be expensive, think again. The prices are really affordable, even cheap! You can get a plate of sushi for the low price of RM1.80 – outrageously cheap, isn't it? The prices are really not in sync with the whole environment either. The place looks great, the setting and the tables are quite fancy, the service is really good, too, so I can’t help but wonder what makes this place so affordable? But never mind, I’m not going to be the one to complain! In addition to all these benefits, the cherry on top is that you get free green ice tea throughout your stay, in as many refills you need.

I used to have stomach issues such as heartburn and indigestion ever since arriving to Malaysia; I struggled with it, I experimented with different restaurants just to get over it, I had to give up some dishes in order to avoid it. But with sushi, there is no downside to it, and this is from someone who’s had serious issues with food in Asia. To better understand the causes of heartburn and indigestion, and why sushi isn't part of that, read about it here. And then go and have some sushi here:








SUSHI ZANMAI (Low Yat Plaza)
Lot G005 & G005A, Ground Floor,
Plaza Low Yat, No.7 Jalan Bintang,
Off Jln Bukit bintang, Bukit Bintang Central, 55100 KL.
TEL : 03 - 2148 2180




No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...