Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Starbucks® Bottled Frappuccino® Coffee Drink

My familiarity with Starbucks is limited to two things: there is a mermaid and there is our favorite Green Tea Latte. It wasn’t until my recent exposure to its chilled bottled variant that I even realize existence of such a convenient packaging. So I thought that maybe I can share my experience here. 

I first encountered it in a nearby 7-11 store and out of curiosity I bought one to try. At a whooping SGD4.10, it was truly a heartache for me. That was a high price to pay for just 9.5 fluid ounce (close to 281 ml) of beverage despite the fact that it came in a glass bottle, a rarity these days if you are not purchasing alcoholic drinks. My first choice of heartache was a Mocha

It is rare nowadays to see bottled drinks still sold in glass bottle in Singapore. Still the weight on your hands lend you the premium feel the brand is suppose to deliver. The price is hefty but I like the beverage, especially this Mocha drink where the rich chocolaty taste is very fulfilling.

Followers of my posts would know that I am not a true blue coffee drinker but a guy addicted to caffeine without its bitterness. I dislike espressos but goes instead for a latte or cappuccino. Starbucks’ caffeinated beverages seldom attract me but this bottled drink is a different story. The bottled Mocha was rich in chocolaty goodness without the bitterness of coffee. If you are a beginner in coffee drinking, then this is a suitable pick for you. 

I later found out that the same chilled drinks are offered at certain grocery shops and value stores that they are sold at nearly half of the labeled price in 7-11 (SGD2.50). With that, I happily tried another version, the Vanilla. This is flavored so heavily that it is no longer a coffee. Its sweetness is addictive though. 

Some of the bottled drinks mentioned in the website couldn't be found in local stores, such as this Caramel. Maybe it is within the Starbucks stores (as opposed to grocery or value stores) and I didn't notice it?

While I enjoyed having these bottled drinks every once in a while, their price remains off putting. They may grab premium price for its brand but I am not one chasing for brands. Still I cannot say I do not enjoy them and would recommend them to anyone who wanted to get a taste of Starbucks readily available in their fridge.

So far I only found this in Singapore but I am not one who frequented Starbucks. From its website, there are a few more types which are not available at those stores I visited. Anyone who know if this is sold in Malaysia as well?




No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...